The Singapore Hockey Federation [SHF] will conduct a L1 Integrated Coaching Course on Friday to
Sunday, 27 th October 2017 to 29 th October 2017.
1. Applicants must meet the entry criteria below, which must be evident from information
provided on the application.
2. Applications must be received by 20 th October 2017.
Please complete the attached application form in FULL (1 for each coach) and send a scanned / hard
Mr Saffwan Othman
High Performance Manager, Singapoe Hockey Federation
Application to participate is now open:
The course will be conducted in Singapore and in English.
Participation Fees: SGD $200.00
Date: Friday 27 th October 2017 to Sunday 29 th October 2017
Participants to bring:
Notebooks and Stationary
Laptops / iPads / Tablets
Video Camera (if you have one)
Clothing appropriate for conducting practical sessions
Singapore Hockey Federation, Seng Kang Sport and Recreation Centre,
57 Anchorvale Rd, Seng Kang, 544964
1. Applicants need to be competent in the English language. (Able to communicate and present
effectively in English.)
2. Participants must be prepared to share the knowledge gained from the course with other
coaches in local coach network via Coaching Circles.
Coaches who successfully complete the course will be awarded a Level 1 certificate of completion.
Following completion of the course, Singapore based coaches still need to comply with the conditions set up by SportSG to fulfil the requirements for application to National Registry of Coaches.
A candidate who has completed the SG-COACH Level 1 (Integrated) Course will:
1. Be able to teach the principles of playing and skills of hockey;
2. Have an understanding of the principles of safety and prevention of injuries;
3. Be able to coach a school or a non elite level club team;
4. Have a good practical knowledge of the rules of hockey; and
5. Have basic understanding of match analysis, video and the use of statistical information.
6. The candidate must be at least 17 years of age and have prior hockey playing experience
The Program Will Include:
1. Presentations from course conductors, practical coaching sessions, discussions, special
presentations and contributions from the participants
2. Match analysis of the matches of Matches.
Note: All participants will receive the complete Course program following registration.
Payment Terms and Conditions:
Immediately following the acceptance of an application to participate in the course, the participation
fee will have to be paid to the SHF in FULL.
There will be no reimbursement in case of withdrawal from the course for any reason, unless a
suitable /eligible replacement is found who pays the full fee.
Included in the fee are: